Any sort of memory disorders are sad, but a couple of my
favorite movies have some sort of memory loss disorders in them. Why? It may be
because I can relate to what the families are going through. For example in 50 first
dates Drew Barrymore everyday has to be reminded of where she is in her life.
Everyday her husband Adam Sandler plays a video showing her what has happened in
her life. Her Memory loss disorder was due to an accident. Another movie is the
notebook, where she suffers from dementia. My grandmother had Alzheimers and
these were the hardest years. She would forget if she had eaten, showered, if
it was day or night. I loved listening to her stories of when she was young.
This was what she best remembered, she would always tell me about how her and
my grandfather had first met. Sometimes she would say it three or four times in
a row like a broken record. I would never tell her “grandma you already said that” the Dr. said
it was best not to stress her out. I hope that one day a cure will be found.
I'm sorry that you have to experience this. One of my closest friend's grandparents have Alzheimer’s and dementia, they are both at a home now because it got so hard for him and his parents to take care of them. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it must be to have someone you love dearly suffer from this disease. The video was very informative and I do hope a cure is found soon. It's already on the news that Alzheimer’s is becoming a more common thing today than ever. Maybe now that the social media is talking about it more, scientists will get more funding for a cure.
ReplyDeleteThose movies do a good job of showing us how people with these disorders act. To this day i have never been around anyone with these types of disorders but it must not be hard to adjust. I guess it's all about having patience.
ReplyDeleteI really liked the movie the Notebook and feel it did a good job explaining the disease as well as showing that these people were not always that way, that they too had a life and lifetime of memories. In terms of finding a cure, it would have to do with stopping the accumulation of bundles caused by the tau protein. I recommend you look into it if you are interested.
ReplyDelete